AP Chapter 22
AP Chapter 22: Social, Cultural, and Economic Challenges in the West through to the Present
- Ch22Study Guide
- AP European History Rescue Pack Review 2018 Major Grade
- How has migration changed the face of Europe?
- What effect did the Great Depression and World War II have on the ways Europeans viewed the role of government in social and economic life?
- How did the status of women in business, politics, and the professions change in Europe in the 2nd half of the 20th century?
- How was cultural and intellectual life transformed in Europe during the 20th century?
- How did the Cold War shape Western art in the 2nd half of the 20th century?
- How has the Christian heritage of the West been affected by events of the 20th century?
- What impact has the computer had on 20th society?
- What led to Western European unification following World War II?
- Was the year 2008 a turning point between the United States and Europe?
- The 20th Century Movement of Peoples
- Toward a Welfare State Society
III. New Patterns in Work and Expectations of Women
- Transformations in Knowledge and Culture
- Art Since World War II
- The Christian Heritage
VII. Late 20th Century Technology: The Arrival of the Computer
VIII. The Challenges of European Unification
- New American Leadership and Financial Crisis
- In Perspective
euro(863) European Union(863) social realism(857)
European Constitution(863) existentialism(847)
European Economic Community(EEC)(862) Green movement(853)
Chapter 22 Review Questions
- How did migration affect twentieth-century European social life? What internal and external forces led to migration?
- In what specific ways was Europe Americanized in the second half of the twentieth century? How do you explain the trend toward a consumer society?
- How has Islamic migration into Europe affected social tensions on the Continent? How did the migration come about? What are incidents occur- ring in Europe that have raised resentment within the Islamic world?
- How did women’s social and economic roles change in the second half of the twentieth century? What changes and problems have women faced since the fall of communism in Eastern Europe?
- How did the pursuit and diffusion of knowledge change in the twentieth century? What have been the effects of the communications revolutions? Has Western intellectual life become more unified or less so? Why?
- What were the technological steps in the emergence of the computer? What changes will computers bring in the next decade?
- What were the major steps in the emergence of the European Union? Why is the Union now facing crisis?